Sunday 30 January 2011

The Second Secret Tea Party January 29th 2011

At 12pm yesterday, Rosie turned up at the Stage Door of the Theatre Royal, Bath. She'd come all the way from Swansea to spend a day in Bath as part of a surprise birthday present for her friend Charlotte - and part of that gift was a ticket to The Secret Tea Party - hosted by Mrs Stokes Vintage China (me). Unfortunately Rosie was a bit early and I was running late so Rosie took Charlotte round the shops for another hour.
And in that sixty minutes I manically laid up the tables in the 1805 rooms above the theatre with vintage linens, vintage mirrors and candlesticks and of course, my vintage china, helped by Jason who is the theatre's restaurant manager. I used the sets I've decided to keep for these events and also for hire. By 1pm people were arriving, but as The Pop Up Parlour stylists, Inma and Lou had been delayed in traffic in Bristol, they were just putting the finishing touches to my hair and make-up as the excited ladies started streaming in. But what a gorgeous bunch they were....and by the time Inma and Lou had finished with them they were even more beautiful and stylish. Sadly for me, my camera didn't work so I'm relying on the guests to supply the pics (and I borrowed Rosie from Swansea's camera at one point which was generous of her, although I think I was pretty unartistic about it all). But to start with click here to see one lovely lady's (Ceriselle's) snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment